Team meetings belong to key components of any organisation – Whether it takes place in person or virtually - as they help employees understand the procedures within the organisation and what expectations need to be fulfilled for the business to be successful.
According to The Muse, multitasking, lack of engagement as well as lack of planning and structure are causing unproductive meetings. 69% of participants admitted to checking emails and 49% admitted to doing unrelated work activities.
Here are our tips for running effective team meetings:
· Encourage and let everyone participate in the meeting
· Talk about topics that impact the entire team
· Manage and monitor the types of agenda topics by setting a realistic amount of time for each agenda item.
· Prepare for the meetings.
· Get better each weekly meeting – Seek feedback from your team on your meeting agenda.